Thursday, February 7, 2013

Set Backs

I've been going through a bit of a writers block lately, with Broken. So I've been editing Sparrow on the side as I write and rewrite a few pieces of fanfiction I did a few years ago ... They're pretty bad and need some immediate medical work. A few face lifts and a whole lot of reverse liposuction (if that even exists, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't).

I've been brainstorming ideas for 20% as well, and the good news is that I have the first 5 chapters done (though they aren't posted, for the most part) on Wattpad yet. I need to critique them and change them, and then redo it again. They're far from internet ready.

But if you shall have a sneak peak:




He gave her a devilish grin and gripped her sleeve as she tried to step away from him. She knew that grin. He was not going to do something she liked.

"Don't you dare," she warned, trying to pull her arm back, but he fixed his grip and held tightly.

"Relax, I'm not going to drop you," he insisted, pulling her closer to the ledge. Ariana swallowed, closing her eyes in fear as she felt the cool wind blow up towards her face from the street below. She felt his arms go around her from behind, and she couldn't help but stiffen. "Okay, now look down."

She shook her head, her eyes remaining closed. "No chance in hell."

His breath was at her ear, and he chuckled. "Open your eyes."

She shook her head slowly, feeling the ledge bump into her thighs as Mason brought her closer to the edge of hundreds of feet. God, this was too close. She felt like she was going to be sick. She felt as though she was falling over, her hair flying past her as she toppled over the cliff. Her limbs stiff as she could do nothing but be paralyzed with terror. She felt like she was going to die.

"Open them," Mason instructed, his arms tight around her middle, as if he were an anchor. Ariana bit her lip, shaking her head once more. "Please?"

Keep in mind, this isn't near the beginning much. More towards the middle and beginning... So like almost a quarter of the way through. Character profiles for Ariana and Mason will be given soon... As soon as I can, anyway!

Despite these set backs, I fully intend to get back to writing original work immediately. I've just been so busy with school work (my English teacher has been giving us essays back to back to back) that I don't have time to sit and write for a few hours like I could last semester... It's honestly disappointing.

Happy writing (for you) and reading (if you want to read my stuff;P) and editing (for me),
Anastasia Beck

P.S. A new forum has been created, by moi, regarding fanfiction. The link: http://fanficnowrimo.boards.net is a site solely dedicated to writing a fanfiction novel in a month. The word goal is set by the writer, the motivation is provided by the peers, etc. If you or any of your friends are interested, be sure to check it out! I enjoy visitors!

No comments:

Post a Comment