Thursday, October 10, 2013

Portfolio Day 10

Hey, guys!

So, I haven't written on here in a while, but I was just thinking about writing a brief update!

College essays are drowning me right now, on top of my Senior Project, but I've miraculously still found time for writing. So, I've dedicated the entire month of October to writing my writing portfolio for college. It's really great and has been a learning experience for me, keeping the deadlines of each day for each work of flash-fiction/short story.

So, today is Day 10 - also known as On Our Way day.

I will be finishing On Our Way shortly and  posting it onto my portfolio. I still haven't finished any of my scripts, so that's a problem - my most complete is Neverland right now. Edits for Sparrow are still underway, and I've contacted a few people about revising it with me.

I have a friend of mine painting the cover of Sparrow, as well. That's super exciting and I hope he does an amazing job with it!!

So far this month, I've memorized three monologues for Drama, started my Russian classes, and have finished a research paper that consumed my life. So, now that it's over, for the most part, I have so much free time.

NaNoWriMo is starting next month, and I have my outlines all done and I'm so excited! I've decided to work on 20%, completely redoing the entire novel so that nothing's the same as it was before. On the side of that, I will also be finishing my fanfiction story that's Dudley Dursley/OC, Expecto Patronum. It's currently at about 80,000 words, but my outline has it ending up at around 450,000 words. Yeah, it's a pretty big story...

(Links to these stories can be found on my fanfiction site - myfanfictionsite.blogspot.com )

Also, good news! I've joined Writing Club today! I had no idea my school even had one, so I was like freaking out because I wanted to create one myself, but a friend informed me that yes, it does exist. So I ate chicken nuggets and wrote for an hour. And then I went to AP World, where I did some epic poetry on the Vikings...

Be a Viking, or be square,
Anastasia Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment