Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chapter 5

Hello, my lovelies!

What are you going to see in Chapter 5? Oh... well I have some videos I found on youtube that will explain it rather well.


This is a highlight of the festival, which in the book, as of now, is called the "Full Moon Festival." Original, I know. Perhaps I'll find a fancy name, a fancy word, but as of now, let's keep it simple. So, this video shows what is happening in the chapter. Fire:


This is the Earth edition: Sand art. This artist, Kseniya Simonova, is spectacular! She won Ukraine's Got Talent and her work is just inspiring! She tells stories with sand, as some characters in the festival may choose to do(: I present you Earth:


This girl... she really knows what she's doing. This is beautiful and I definitely would love it if my characters did this.  I introduce Spirit, as dance is the path to the soul:


Air.... Hmmm... this one was difficult, as many things aren't done in air. I chose aerial silk because it's beautiful and (just as the fire, the sand, and the ribbon dancing are) difficult. The intent of the Bonfire festival, as you may have guessed, is to show your talent. Air:


Now water? This one was difficult! I spent weeks looking for something and finally found something I think I could work with, to some degree.

Natalia Macauley has grace and incorporates ballet, contortionism, and acrobatics in this show. Ballet, acrobatics, and contortionism is the discipline of your body and rigourous training - something all Guardians must possess. I'm very pleased to have found this and this video makes it look so effortless even though it probably took her years to get to this level!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment